Startup Idea and Innovations for Provivi
Provivi is a crop protection company that’s specialized in creating solutions designed to protect crops from pests and a variety of other problems. Provivi is focused on using pheromones in order to protect the crops with a large acreage. The company is on a mission to deliver disruptive, professional chemistry solution for agricultural clients, but also for household users. These solutions are environmentally safe and benign. This way the crops get to stay away from pests, all the way nature intended and without any issues.
The company was created by Frances Arnold and Pedro Coelho in 2013 within the Santa Monica area. The idea for them was to find a more efficient way to deliver crop control, while bringing in creative and very professional solutions that you can always rely on. It’s an incredible achievement, and the company continued to create patented technologies designed to lower the pest population and ensure that there’s little to no crop damage.
Provivi timeline and history
- Provivi was started in 2013
- The company entered the grant phase in late 2015
- In 2016 the company went through the grant stage, but also through the early stage VC series A.
- During 2018, the company entered another grant phase and the early stage VC series B
- They entered the later stage VC series C in 2019
- During 2020, the company faced debt deals, with a later stage VC series C of $55.5 million taking place in March 2021, which added even more funding for the business.
Founders and key people of Provivi
Frances Arnold has been a part of the chemistry industry for a very long time, and she worked for a variety of incredible companies. Some of her previous hires include Codexis, Amyris Biotechnologies, Maxygen, Gevo, Arzeda, GEnomatica, and she established Provivi with a true focus on bringing innovations thanks to state of the art biochemistry and unique, powerful technologies designed to revolutionize the world in a powerful and incredible manner.
Ganesh Kishore is a managing partner and he has been the CEO of MLSCF and the managing partner for Spruce Capital Partners LLC, which is directly invested into Provivi. He also worked as a managing director for the Burill and Company venture group and he was a part of Monsanto Company for more than 20 years, until the year 2000.
James Demetriades was been a board member since the beginning, and he is also an executive chairman for the Transient Plasma Systems and Amorphology INC. He is also invested in a multitude of other companies, such as nFugue, Sienza Energy, LeukoVet and many others.
Alan Boyce is a director for Provivi and Adecoagro. He has been a part of the industry for a very long time, and he continues to bring in comprehensive, powerful and detailed solutions in the field of biotechnology.
Funding and Financial Information
Ever since its inception, the company has raised $190 million in 7 funding rounds. The latest funding round was a Series C round that took place in late February 2021. The company has a multitude of investors, with Tybourne Capital, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Lanx Capital, Vivo Capital, Potifax AgTech, Kairos Ventures and Temasek Holdings being a prime example. The company now has a post money valuation anywhere from $100 to $500 million.
Competitors for Provivi
- Botanical Solution https://botanical-solution.com/
- Syngenta https://www.syngenta.com/en
- Enko Chem https://enkochem.com/
- PolyNatural https://polynatural.cl/
- DiaCarta https://diacarta.com
- Company website : https://www.provivi.com/en
- LinkedIn Profile : https://www.linkedin.com/company/provivi-inc-
- Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/ProviviGlobal
- Twitter Account : https://twitter.com/Provivitm
Leave a Reply