Babylon Health Main Selling Point
Babylon Health is a healthcare platform that aims to make care services available to individuals through digital means. Users enjoy a wide variety of telehealth services through its value-based health plans. Medical services included in its list of services is the Digital Suite, an application dedicated to users.
It focuses on transforming healthcare from addressing sicknesses to preventing them. The goal is to make the care services more accessible and affordable to people who need them while enabling better health for patients.
It utilizes artificial intelligence and other technology, along with human medical experts for a one-stop-shop for healthcare needs.
Babylon Health Brief History
- 2013 – Babylon Health was founded by Ali Parsa.
- 2015 – The company raised capital through a seed round.
- 2016 – The company participated in a Series A funding round.
- 2017 – Another funding round helped the company acquire more funds.
- 2019 – The Series C funding round was held where Babylon Health
- 2020 – The company underwent debt financing. In the same year, the company filed patents for various innovations . These patents are still pending.
- 2021 – Another debt financing was held. It also released post-IPO equities.
Founders and Key People
- Ali Parsa
Ali Parsa is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Babylon Health. He also founded Circle and served as its CEO. He was also a Co-Founder and CEO of media promotion company V&G.
Aside from this, he worked as the Executive Director of European Technology and Investment Banking at Goldman Sachs, Technology and UK Investment Banking at Merrill Lynch, and Telecom, and Energy Investment Banking at Credit Suisse.
His educational background is composed of his bachelor of science degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from University College London and his doctor of philosophy degree in Engineering Physics from the same university.
- Steve Davis
Steve Davis is the Chief Technology Officer at Babylon Health. Prior to this, he worked at Expedia Group as SVP & GM for AI and Data and SVP Chief Digital and Data Officer. He was also the SVP and CIO of Technology for Vrbo, VP of Technology and Product at Trillion, and CTO at Hire.com.
- Darshak Sanghavi
Darshak Sanghavi is currently the Global Chief Medical Officer at Babylon Health. Prior to joining the company, he was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Chief of Pediatric Cardiology at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
He was also the Chief Medical Officer at UnitedHealthcare, Chief Medical Officer at OptumLabs, and Director of the Prevention and Population Health Models Groups at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
He obtained a bachelor’s degree in Biology and American Politics from Harvard University and graduated with a medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Babylon Health’s Summary of Finances
Babylon Health currently has a record of $1.1 billion in total funding. The company participated in seven funding rounds, with the latest being the post-IPO equity round in October 2021. It has acquired three companies namely Meritage Medical Network, Higi, and Daytoday Health.
- Ada Health – https://ada.com/
- Nexus Electronics – http://nexusromania.com/
- Hub Parking Technology – https://www.hubparking.co.uk/
- Hurdlr – https://www.hurdlr.com/