Vezeeta Product and Main Innovation
Vezeeta is a leading company in healthcare telecommuting that helps patients through its dedicated virtual platform. This service was created to help patients look for and set appointments with the right medical professionals.
The platform helps connect individuals with doctors, medical facilities, and services that are easily accessible to them. It helps them compare physicians’ locations, details, reviews from other people and set a meeting. Ultimately, the goal is to help patients get in touch with professionals according to their needs and specialization.
Aside from a digital booking platform, it also helps doctors manage their practice through its clinic management software. It operates in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Nigeria, Kenya, Jordan, and Egypt.
A Short Timeline of Vezeeta
- 2011 – Vezeeta was founded by Amir Barsoum.
- 2012 – The company participated in an early-stage venture capital round, acquiring more than one million during the process.
- 2014 – The company acquired millions in funding through lead investors Silicon Badia and Technology Development Fund.
- 2017 – Vezeeta received a convertible note amounting to millions. In the same year, it also received capital during a funding round.
- 2018 – A later-stage venture capital round resulted in the company acquiring additional funds.
- 2020 – Another later-stage venture capital round was held in January 2020.
- 2021 – A private secondary transaction was held.
Founders and Key People
- Amir Barsoum
Amir Barsoum is the Founder of Vezeeta and has been serving as its Chief Executive Officer since 2012. Aside from this, he is an official member of the Forbes Business Council since 2021. Barsoum is also the MENA Strategy Manager and MEAN Business Development Manager at AstraZeneca.
Another company he worked at is McKinsey & Company where he served as a Management Consulted.
His educational background includes getting a bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Studies from Ain Shams University, a master’s degree from The American University in Cairo, and a master of Business Administration degree at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management.
- Mohammad El Mougi
Mohammad El Mougi is currently the Chief Product Officer of Vezeeta. Before this, he was the Chief Commercial Officer and the Vice President of Egypt and Levant. Other positions he held included Marketing Manager at Vodafone and Research Analyst at The Nielsen Company.
El Mougi also worked as a Trainee at Alcon Laboratories and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. He is a Certified Scrum Product Owner at Scrum Alliance.
He finished his studies at The German University in Cairo and the Hult International Business School where he obtained a bachelor of science degree in Pharmacy and Biotechnology, and a master’s degree in International Business, respectively.
Vezeeta Financial Summary
Vezeeta acquired $71.5 million through 10 funding rounds participated by 12 investors, 7 of which are lead investors. Some of its lead investors are Gulf Capital, International Finance Corporation, STV, Endeavor Catalyst, BECO Capital, Technology Development Fund, and Silicon Badia.
- Book a Tiger – https://www.bookatiger.com/
- Swimply – https://swimply.com/
- Ambuliz – https://ambuliz.com/
- Opencare – https://www.opencare.com/
 – https://www.vezeeta.com/en
 – https://pitchbook.com/profiles/company/100442-26#timeline
 – https://www.vezeeta.com/en/Generic/OurTeam
 – https://www.linkedin.com/in/amirmbarsoum/
 – https://ae.linkedin.com/in/mmougi
 – https://craft.co/vezeeta/competitors
Leave a Reply