Startup Idea and Innovations for Connecterra
Connecterra is an agrotech startup that uses AI in order to optimize the dairy farming industry. The company is located in Amsterdam, in the Noord-Holland region, the Netherlands. It has 38 employees and its focus is to help dairy farmers identify workflow issues, streamline and boost operations at the highest possible levels. It delivers predictive intelligence for dairy industry enterprises, and it can serve genetic, animal feed and dairy processing companies as well. Over the years, the company has accumulated a lot of attention for its innovation and creativity, and it now stands out as one of the top businesses in this field.
The company was established by Yasir Khokhar and Saad Ansari with the main focus of finding the right methods that would help us harness Earth’s resources. The company has 13 investors and it continues to receive a lot of attention in this field with its unique, comprehensive and expansive solutions. For now, the company is working solely in Holland, but it plans to extend its reach worldwide.
Startup timeline and history
- 2014 : Connecterra was launched with founders trying to access a grant to help the business grow and reach new heights.
- Early 2016 : The company entered the accelerator/incubator phase for the first time, and they even had a seed round.
- 2017 : They started with an early stage VC series B, and soon after that they went back to the accelerator/incubator phase.
- 2018 : the company received a grant and it then entered the early stage VC series A.
- Mid-2020 : Stage VC series B was completed for $8.83 million.
Founders and key people
Yasir Khokhar started his first business in 1997 to offer ecommerce development consulting. He also created another venture named Interactive Software LTD that created CMSs for the broadcasting industry. He also worked for Microsoft and since 2015 he has been a part of Connecterra.
Saad Ansari is the co-founder and CEO for Connecterra. He was a software design engineer, research assistant and he also worked for Microsoft for 11 years as a lead program manager and principal PM manager.
Whitney Watson is a people manager for Connecterra and she has a lot of experience from working at companies like Rehab, Foundry, Future Brand, until she eventually joined Connecterra in 2019. Ever since then, she has been a part of the management team, focused on employees and their necessities!
Funding and Financial Information
The company raised $18.3 million in funding, all during 6 different funding rounds. Their latest funding round was in January 2020. There are 13 investors for the company, with Cibus Fund and Sistema_VC being the latest ones. At this time, Connecterra uses 15 technology products and it focuses on delivering innovative, professional and comprehensive AI solutions to the dairy industry in Netherlands.
Competitors of Connecterra
- GlobeRanger https://www.globeranger.com
- SwineTech https://swinetechnologies.com
- Digiquant https://www.digiquant.com
- PeerLogic https://www.peerlogic.com
- DemonWare https://www.demonware.net
- Savi Technology https://www.savi.com
- IDVelocity https://www.idvelocity.com