Startup Idea and Innovations for EarthSense
EarthSense INC is an Illinois based startup created with the sole purpose of bringing artificial intelligence into the world of agriculture. What the company does is it brings in front innovative, powerful robots that provide outstanding, unique technological achievements. They can be controlled via tablets and they can run in just a few seconds.
What they do is they can help access field data and share it with you in no time. The units have autonomous navigation over thousands of corn plots. On top of that, you can understand the yield reliability, greensap, stress resistance, disease development and so on. You can also advance the germplasm products faster.
The powerful drive system helps the robots go through challenging terrain and even wet clay soil without any problems. Every robot has at least 3 hours of battery life, it can turn on the spot, and they work great even if there are some bandwidth problems. They can bring in stellar field phenotyping.
EarthSense timeline and history
- The company was created in 2017 and since in that year it had a grant and an early stage VC
- In 2018, the company went through multiple phases, including 2 grants and an accelerator/incubator phase.
- In 2019, EarthSense had a new seed round.
- During 2020, the company had the accelerator/incubator phase 2 times, and it also had 2 grant phases.
- Late February 2021, the company had a later stage VC through which it acquired $250K.
Founders and key people of EarthSense
Chinmay Soman is the co-founder and CEO of the company. He has been a part of this field for a very long time, he worked at the Vanderbilt University as a biomedical engineering research assistant, but also worked at Dharani Consulting, Movable Objects INC, Soil Diagnostics, AgMicrobiomes Consortium and eventually he established EarthSense.
Girish Chowdhary was a part of the Georgia Institute of Technology for more than 5 years, and he also worked as a Chief Technology Adviso9r and Consultant for Quarkonics. In addition, he was the Unmanned Cowboys VP of Technology and co-founder, and eventually started EarthSense with Chinmay Soman.
Mark worked for DEKALB Genetics Corp for 15 years, after that he went at Monsanto Company and he was the AgReliant Genetics CEO/President. He joined EarthSense in 2021 in order to be on the advisory board and help push the future of this business to the next level.
Funding and Financial Information
Ever since its inception, EarthSense has raised $2.3 million during 6 funding rounds. The latest funding round took place in February and it was from a Pre-seed round. The company has multiple investors, ranging from Innova Memphis to the National Science Foundation, as well as Illinois Ventures and Bread and Butter Ventures. They have all been working together to offer EarthSense the funding that it needs to revolutionize the agriculture world and push it to the next level in the long run.
Competitors of EarthSense
- RPA Holdings https://rpa-holdings.com/en/
- Agile Robots https://www.agile-robots.com
- Carbon Robotics https://carbonrobotics.com
- Attabotics https://www.attabotics.com
- Company website : https://www.earthsense.co
- LinkedIn Profile : https://www.linkedin.com/company/earthsense-inc
- Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/earthsenseinc
- Twitter Account : https://twitter.com/EarthSense_Inc
Leave a Reply